Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Other » PC Engine, PC-FX » IS there any debugger other than Mednafen?
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
IS there any debugger other than Mednafen? [message #2302] Fri, 11 November 2011 02:44 Go to next message
bshi02  [PM]
I made some invincibility code for tg16 games but recently , really want to make no flashing Invincibility code like below code.

TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine - Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (Magic Engine)

Invincibility 000140:208 VisitntX

http://gamehacking.org/?s=v2&sys=51&gid=8307

I decided to dissect Invincibility code for Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu.
I first find out health and flashing Invincibility code address with magic engine build-in cheat engine, then use Tsearch and Cheat engine6.1 for tracing back to an address of assembly instruction which cause decrease HP when I got damage.
I set Breakwritepoint on both of health and flashing Invincibility address and It results same address of assembly instruction,so I viewed this address in disassembler windows,
But I can't found VisitntX's code in there,his(VisitntX) code's address is far away from my result address.
I conclude Tsearch and Cheat engine is not able to disassemble Tg16 hex number rightly.
My comp is ancient and can't afford to execute Mednafen for comfortable running TG16/CD game.
Is there any cheat/debugger application which able to translate/disassemble hex code in Tg16 games correctly except T-search,Cheat Engine?
I'm sorry for my weird English which may cause misunderstand,
and any reply would be appreciated.
thanks in advance. Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 12 November 2011 03:44]

Re: IS there any debugger other than Mednafen? [message #2348 is a reply to message #2302 ] Sat, 07 January 2012 23:46 Go to previous message
VisitntX  [PM]
There is one called MESS, wich debugger is the most complete and useful, but the emulation is buggy and slower than mednafen.

And, there is no just one way to do invincibility, you can do it using the built-in games' flashing invincibility and you can disable collision detection.

Don't ask me what I did (if collision or flashing), cuz I can't remember, that one is years ago.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Weird games:
Next Topic:programming for PCE sprites keep making doubles??
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 07:27:50 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.