Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Bugs » Hotplugging
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Hotplugging [message #2834] Mon, 31 December 2012 20:10 Go to next message
shinra358  [PM]
If you take the controller out in the middle of the game and then plug it back in, it will not initialize. You would have to restart the emulator in order for them to work again.
Re: Hotplugging [message #2835 is a reply to message #2834 ] Mon, 31 December 2012 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
What? You can't just say something like that without providing context.
Re: Hotplugging [message #2836 is a reply to message #2834 ] Mon, 31 December 2012 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinra358  [PM]
Huh, I don't know how much clearer I can get, but I will try again:

When you have your gamepad connected to your pc via usb port and you are playing an emulated game in Mednafen, if the controller gets disconnected from the usb port and you try to plug it back in with the emulator still running, the emulator will not be able to read the controller again until you restart the emulator.

Here are a list of emulators and their statuses toward this issue:

*yes = can replug and play while emu is running
*no = cannot replug and play while emu is running

pcsx2 = yes
dolphin = yes
vba-m = yes
fceux = yes
nulldc = yes
fusion = yes
ssf = yes
magic engine = yes

mednafen = no
snes9x = no
desmume = no
epsxe = no

I've only tested the Vboy emulator with this issue but I assume it is across all platforms on mednafen.
Re: Hotplugging [message #6958 is a reply to message #2836 ] Fri, 17 November 2023 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kongkoko1111  [PM]
Is this fixed yet?
Re: Hotplugging [message #6969 is a reply to message #6958 ] Mon, 27 November 2023 12:49 Go to previous message
Administrator  [PM]
Manual, but not automatic, hotplugging support was added in 1.27.0-UNSTABLE, by pressing SHIFT+F3 to reinitialize controllers.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FEDA 2: White Surge The Platoon Memory Card Loading Issue
Next Topic:Oddworld / PSX: Unknown CUE sheet directive and maximum allowed size
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 17:28:35 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.